Mid Somerset Rheumatoid Group – Taunton
Support group run by and for people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), with first class help and support from the Musgrove Hospital based Rheumatology team.
The aims are to:
- Provide opportunities to meet others who have RA, helping us all to feel less isolated by chatting together
- Learn more about understanding and managing our RA
- Offer feedback to our local Rheumatology team
- Raise funds for National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society NRAS, which supports us as a Group and campaigns nationally to improve patient support and research into RA
- Contribute as “expert patients” to RA study and training days
- Help raise awareness through occasional events or speaking on the radio to disseminate a better understanding of RA
We currently meet every two months at the Taunton Rugby Club (Hyde Park, Hyde Lane, Bathpool, Taunton, TA2 8BU), a venue with ample parking and good disabled access. Most of our meetings start at 7pm on a Tuesday evening, and we charge £2.50 towards the hire of the room. Many of our speakers are medical professionals, and there is always an opportunity for questions and answers, as well as light refreshments and a raffle.
We offer a warm welcome to new members and their friends and families. Details of forthcoming meeting dates are on the NRAS website at www.nras.org.uk/groups or phone NRAS on 01628 823 524 or email email@example.com. You don’t have to be a Member of NRAS to attend our meetings. Why not give us a try?
Mendip Arthritis Care
Mendip Arthritis Care is a monthly Support Group Social group for people with arthritis. People from all across Mendip are welcome. Social group, trips and talks. Town Hall, Market Place, Wells, BA5 2RB. Last Monday of every month. 2pm – 5pm