Mid Somerset Rheumatoid Group – Taunton
Support group run by and for people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), with first class help and support from the Musgrove Hospital based Rheumatology team.
The aims are to:
- Provide opportunities to meet others who have RA, helping us all to feel less isolated by chatting together
- Learn more about understanding and managing our RA
- Offer feedback to our local Rheumatology team
- Raise funds for National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society NRAS, which supports us as a Group and campaigns nationally to improve patient support and research into RA
- Contribute as “expert patients” to RA study and training days
- Help raise awareness through occasional events or speaking on the radio to disseminate a better understanding of RA
We currently meet every two months at the Taunton Rugby Club (Hyde Park, Hyde Lane, Bathpool, Taunton, TA2 8BU), a venue with ample parking and good disabled access. Most of our meetings start at 7pm on a Tuesday evening, and we charge £2.50 towards the hire of the room. Many of our speakers are medical professionals, and there is always an opportunity for questions and answers, as well as light refreshments and a raffle.
We offer a warm welcome to new members and their friends and families. Details of forthcoming meeting dates are on the NRAS website at www.nras.org.uk/groups or phone NRAS on 01628 823 524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You don’t have to be a Member of NRAS to attend our meetings. Why not give us a try?